A 7 Step Recruitment Process That You Can Use
Let’s get right to it! Here are a sequential set of steps for a best-in-class recruitment process.
- Define the role that you wish to hire for. Determine the vital hard skills needed for success in the role. Make sure all constituents participate in this process.
- Create a job description that matches your employer brand and clearly explains “what is in it for the candidate.”
- Choose the right approach for each role (outbound recruiting and/or recruitment marketing) and the correct sourcing channels and/or markets for the job description.
- Leverage talent acquisition leadership and best practices to identify and attract these jobs’ best talent.
- Evaluate candidates through well-defined screens and a clearly articulated hiring process. We recommend a multi-step interview process that culminates with two final rounds of interviews.
- Optimize for speed of the process and make it lean and decentralized. Remove any unnecessary steps or interviews and encourage feedback from hiring constituents within 24-48 hours.
- Select the best candidate and professionally deliver the offer. The offer should match the pre-closing steps that have been done with the candidate all along the way.